A panel of experts under the Central Drugs Authority has reviewed the Phase III trial data of Covaxin. Covaxin is developed by Bharat Biotech and the panel has accepted the outcome data. Bharat Biotech Hyderabad has revealed the final analysis of Covaxin efficacy rates in Phase 3 of the clinical trial. 2 . ToRa July 2021, Bharat Biotech reported that the vaccine has an overall efficacy rate of 77.8% against symptomatic infections.
Bharat Biotech Phase 3 Result
Bharat Biotech has released the results of Phase 2 of the trials conducted with Covaxin. They presented their findings to a panel of experts and the results are accepted. Here’s what you need to know about the Bharat Biotech Covaxin Phase 3 Trial.
2 . in his latest tweetRa On a July night, the country’s co-founder said he was proud of his scientists who put India on the global map for producing effective vaccines. According to the latest reports, symptomatic tests were conducted on 130 Kovid-19 patients in the age group of 18-98 years. The tests were conducted at 25 different sites across the country. The results of these tests are discussed below.
Bharat Biotech Phase 3 Data
- The overall efficacy rate of the vaccine was found to be 77.8%.
- covaxin Provides an efficacy rate of 65.2% against delta version.
- The vaccine provides a 93.4% efficacy rate against serious infections.
- Covaxin contains the inactivated form of the virus and was developed by Bharat Biotech.
- ICME and NIV Pune partner with Bharat Biotech in the development of Covaxin.
- Bharat Biotech conducted the largest efficacy trial, in which over 25798 patients aged between 18 and 98 years were operated upon.
— bharatbiotech (@bharatbiotech) 2 July 2021
- These participants were recruited for Bharat Biotech Phase 3 from 16 November 2020 to 7 January 2021.
- Of these 28798 participants, 24419 received two doses of the vaccine, spaced four weeks apart.
- 130 cases of symptomatic corona infection were detected in 16973 participants.
- The overall efficacy rate was found to be 77.8%.
- Covaxin is approved in 16 countries, including Brazil and Mexico.
- Bharat Biotech is not making around 23 million vaccine doses every month.
This is all we know about the Bharat Biotech Phase 3 trial. Check out the links below for more information on Covid-19 vaccines.