IPS full form will be discussed here. IPS officers work in both state and central government. Apart from maintaining public order, the primary responsibility of IPS officers is to detect and prevent crime, manage traffic, prevent accidents and respond to disasters. His primary responsibilities include leading and commanding Indian intelligence agencies such as the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), Intelligence Bureau (IB), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), and Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in all states. Union Territory.
ips full form
It is the full form of the title, Indian Police Service. After getting selected in the IPS, candidates will be able to apply for senior posts in the police department at the state and federal level. During the British rule, before the Indian Police Service became an independent state, the service was known as the Indian Royal Police. A few years after the formation of the Indian Constitution, the Indian Police Service was established under Article 312 of the Indian Constitution.
IPS officers require the following skills – Apart from hard work, determination and willpower, he needs to be highly motivated. In order to make an appropriate decision, you need to be able to think clearly and analyze the situation. In addition, you need to make quick decisions and be aware of situations that can lead to violence and disorder. Listening and communicating well, as well as being sensitive to people’s aspirations. A thorough understanding of the law is also essential. In addition, there is a need to improve physical fitness and mental alertness.
salary and benefits
The salary you get as well as other benefits are generous in this job. First and foremost, the job itself is a respectable position, and many people are dreaming of reaching that. Below is a list of the benefits that are associated with it.
As a result of the Seventh Pay Commission, a new pay level, called the Consolidation Pay, has been introduced in the Civil Services. Because of this, the pay scale for IPS is determined only by the basic pay, TA, DA and HRA.
The salary of IPS officers is Rs 56,100 at the entry level and maximum Rs 2,25,000.
- With the help of a domestic help, you can live rent-free or for minimal charges.
- Free electricity, personal phone calls and vehicle facility.
- Additionally, there is an option to take a leave of absence to study abroad
- High level of job security, power and social respect
- In addition, medical attendance and lifetime pension are covered.
- A vehicle is also required to be used for official purposes.
Full form of IPS: What is the process to become an IPS officer?
IPS officers must score top marks in civil services to become an officer. A three-stage selection process is followed in the Civil Services Examination. Shortlisted candidates specifying IPS as their preferred service are assigned IPS.
UPSC CSE aspirants aspiring to become an IPS officer should familiarize themselves with the UPSC CSE eligibility criteria, as well as the exam pattern and syllabus. Below we have provided information about UPSC CSE Exam Eligibility and Pattern.
ips eligibility criteria
Before taking UPSC CSE, candidates aspiring to join IPS must fulfill the below mentioned criteria. The detailed eligibility requirements are given below:
- is the first. UPSC IPS posts are open to Indian citizens only.
- Age Limit: Candidate age should be 21 years and not more than 32 years as on 01st August, 2021. In other words, candidates must have been born not earlier than 02 August 1989 or not later than 01 August 2000.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from any recognized university is essential.
Indian Police Service has pros and cons
- A member of IPS can be assigned the task of working with IB or RAW.
- They will lead an adventurous life while being in charge of their domain.
- In addition, you have the opportunity to participate in amazing projects like terrorism/investigation, intelligence collection, foreign contacts, etc.
- Apart from this, every IPS officer enjoys the above benefits.
- Officers will be required to do a lot of fieldwork for the first 8-10 years of their service.
- It is important to stay physically fit and exercise regularly. However, it can be an advantage for many people, as staying active should be the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle.
- To be eligible for the job, the candidate must be able to deal with crime scenes, exposure to disturbing scenes of blood, dead bodies, etc.
- Additionally, rare and emergency calls can come in at midnight.
It is not always easy to meet IPS expectations, but you can promote peace, progress and order as an IPS officer. This job is one of the most satisfying jobs in the world as it promotes both justice and humanity. It is therefore a work that is very important for those who wish to contribute to their communities and society in general.