Narendra Modi biography, early life, achievements, quotes will be discussed here. The current prime minister of India is Narendra Modi Biography, His full name is Narendra Damodardas Modi. He was born on September 17, 1950 in Vadnagar, Gujarat. Let us read about PM Narendra Modi’s biography, early life, family, education, political career, admiration and recognition, books written by him, and so on as he celebrates his 71st birthday. ,
Narendra Modi Biography
Narendra Modi was born on September 17, 1950, in Vadnagar, Mehsana district, Bombay State, in a family of grocers (present-day Gujarat). His father’s name is Late Damodardas Moolchand Modi and his mother’s name is Hiraben Modi. The couple has six children, of which he is the third eldest. When he was young, Modi assisted his father in selling tea at the Vadnagar railway station and later owned a tea stand near the bus stop with his brother.
He completed his higher secondary education in Vadnagar in 1967. He joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh at the age of eight (RSS). He didn’t want to get married, so he left home at the age of 17 and spent the next two years traveling around the country. In interviews, he said that he visited various ashrams built by Swami Vivekananda during these two years. Modi then returned to Vadnagar before leaving for Ahmedabad once again.
Narendra Modi Early Life
Modi lived there with his uncle, who worked in the cafeteria of the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation. Let us tell you that he was so impressed with the RSS that in 1970, at the age of 20, he became a full-time pracharak and officially joined the RSS in 1971, when he was 21 years old. In the early 1970s, he founded the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the student wing of the RSS in his area.
Without question, his association with the organization has aided his political career. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Delhi University’s School of Open Learning and then a Masters in Political Science from Gujarat University.
Narendra Modi Political Career
Biography of Mahatma Gandhi: Movement, Facts, History and Family
He had endured many hardships and obstacles during his upbringing, but he saw them all as opportunities, and he used bravery and patience to turn them into opportunities. He learned the values of selflessness, social responsibility, devotion and nationalism after joining the RSS. We will also look at the biography of Narendra Modi.
He joined the BJP in 1987 and a year later was appointed General Secretary of the Gujarat Chapter.
In 1995, he was recognized as a key strategist for his role in the party’s successful campaigns.
He was made the secretary of the national unit of BJP in 1995.
– In the 1988 Gujarat Legislative Assembly election, the BJP was elected as the state’s governing party.
|Real Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
|team||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|achievements||Prime Minister of India (2014 to 2021), Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat (2001 to 2014)|
|popularly known||PM Modi|
The Somnath to Ayodhya Rath Yatra, which was a long match led by LK Advani, and a march from Kanyakumari to Kashmir led by Murli Manohar Joshi were two important events that helped the BJP win power in 1998.
He was credited for the change in the organization of the party in many states.
– In 1988, he was appointed General Secretary, a position he held until 2001.
He became the Chief Minister of Gujarat in October 2001, when his predecessor Keshubhai Patel resigned due to health reasons, and the BJP lost some state assembly seats in by-elections. He took oath as the Chief Minister of Gujarat on 7 October 2001.
Narendra Modi’s achievements
- Do you know that he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat for three consecutive years?
- He was elected to Rajkot II seat in a by-election on 24 February 2002. He defeated Ashwin Mehta of Congress in his first and relatively brief tenure.
- He also ran for Maninagar and defeated Ojha Yatinbhai Narendrakumar of Congress in the assembly elections. He was re-elected as the Chief Minister of Gujarat in the second term.
- From 23 December 2007 to 20 December 2012, he served as the CM for the third time. He won again from Maninagar, this time defeating Dinsha Patel of Congress.
- He was re-elected against Bhatt Shweta Sanjeev in Maninagar. He took oath as CM for the fourth time but resigned from the assembly post in 2014.
- Then, in 2014, Narendra Modi ran for the first time in the Lok Sabha elections. After winning the election with an overwhelming majority, he was sworn in as the Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014. He was the first Prime Minister of India after the country got independence from the British Empire.
Narendra Modi Projects
Following are the essential works listed in the biography of Narendra Modi:
- After being elected to his second term as the Chief Minister of Gujarat in 2002, he focused on the economic development of the state and made it an attractive destination for businessmen and entrepreneurs.
- During his third term as CM in 2007, he increased the agricultural growth rate, supplied electricity to all the villages and accelerated the rapid development of the state.
- Did you know that Gujarat has overtaken USA as the leading producer of Bt cotton? When he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat, he started the ground water conservation initiative with the help of the government. It assisted in the development of Bt cotton by providing irrigation through tube wells.
- Gujarat Governor Narendra Modi has given electricity to every village. In addition, he modified the state’s electricity distribution system by dividing agricultural and rural energy.
Narendra Modi net worth
- Biography of Swami Vivekananda: His Life, Teachings and Philosophy
- He was a key figure in BJP’s election campaigns in 2009 and 2014.
- In addition, he was successful in attracting international investment to Gujarat.
- Gujarat is the fourth state in the world to set up its own climate change department.
- Since becoming the Prime Minister of India, he has initiated many ambitious and important programs like “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan,” “Make in India,” and “Clean Ganga”.
- He also tried to develop bilateral relations with other countries.
- He has also shown a strong desire to enhance relations with neighboring countries.
Narendra Modi Awards and Recognitions
- In 2007, he was voted the best Chief Minister of the country in a poll conducted by India Today Magazine.
- FDI magazine named Narendra Modi’s biography as the Asian winner of the ‘FDI Personality of the Year’ award in 2009.
- She was featured on the cover page of Time’s Asian issue in March 2012.
- – In 2014, he was ranked 15th in Forbes magazine’s list of “The World’s Most Powerful People”.
- Time magazine named him one of the “100 Most Important People in the World” in 2014, 2015 and 2017.
- In 2014, CNN-IBN News Network named him Indian of the Year.
- – In 2015, Time magazine published a list of the “30 Most Influential People on the Internet”, ranking him as the second most followed politician on Twitter and Facebook.
- In 2015, Bloomberg Markets magazine named Modi as the 13th most influential person in the world.
- – He was ranked fifth in Fortune magazine’s first “World’s Greatest Leaders” list in 2015.
- In 2016, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in London presented a wax statue of Modi.
- In 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the Amir Amanullah Khan Award, Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour.
- – In April 2016, King Salman bin Abdulaziz awarded ‘King Abdulaziz Sash’, Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian honour.
- In a survey conducted in 2017, the Gallup International Association (GIA) named Modi as the third most powerful leader in the world.
- According to 2018 statistics, he is the third most followed head of state on Twitter and the world’s most followed leader on Facebook and Instagram.
narendra modi date of birth
- He was ranked 9th in Forbes’ 2018 list of the world’s most powerful people.
- In October 2018, Narendra Modi was awarded the ‘Champions of the Earth’ by the United Nations for his policy leadership in pioneering activities in supporting the International Solar Alliance and “new areas and degrees of cooperation on environmental action”.
- In 2018, he was awarded the Seoul Peace Prize for promoting international cooperation, promoting global economic growth and enhancing India’s human development by supporting economic growth. Do you know that he is the first Indian to receive this honour?
- – On 10 February, he received the Grand Collar of the State of Palestine, Palestine’s highest civilian honor for foreign dignitaries.
- Narendra Modi received the first Philip Kotler Presidential Award in 2019.
- The biographical film PM Narendra Modi starring Vivek Oberoi will release in January 2019.
Narendra Modi Quotes
On April 4, 2019, UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Al Nahyan presented the Zayed Medal, the highest honor given to monarchs, presidents and heads of state, to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He was given the award in recognition of his efforts to maintain strategic ties with the UAE.
Narendra Modi is undoubtedly an inspiration to the youth and general public of the country. After overcoming adversity, he is now a successful politician and Prime Minister of India. The Prime Minister is the Minister-in-Chief of the Cabinet. The Prime Minister holds the majority of the executive authority of the government. This is a brief biography of Narendra Modi which includes his early life, political career and laurels among other things.