With the launch of FASTags, everyone makes toll payments through these tags. The government announced the launch on 1 December 2019. It comes under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program of the government. Along with this, it has helped in reducing the movement of vehicles at toll plazas. Thus, the government came up with the idea of digital payments. To help you learn more, we’ve talked about FASTag Apply Online Process Here. Apply for FASTag Monthly Pass on NHAI.
FASTag Apply Online Process
In order to ease the traffic at toll plazas across the country, the Government of India has made it mandatory to pay electronically at toll plazas. Though the idea was given earlier, the government launched FASTags from 1st December 2019. Talking about FASTag, it is a reloadable and easy-to-use tag that automatically deducts toll charges as soon as the vehicle crosses the plaza. When a user registers for the tag, he/she links his/her bank account with the tag. Thus, the person driving the vehicle need not stop at the plaza to make the payment. The respective amount of toll is deducted from the account of the individual. Also you should know that FASTags work with the help of Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. It is on the windscreen of the vehicle once the tag is activated for use.
NHAI FASTag Monthly Pass
We want to give you information about FASTag. It is a prepaid device for vehicles to travel on National Highways. RFID technology is used in this and as soon as the vehicle crosses the toll plaza, the money is deducted from the person’s account. The program is run by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and comes under the National Highways Authority of India. Also, talking about the importance of FASTag, it is a method of electronic toll collection (ETC). It fixes the delays caused to the government and makes the National Highway Grid function more efficiently.
Even though the basic idea behind FASTag is to reduce traffic, we will tell you some other reasons.
- One does not need to keep or exchange money to pay at the toll plaza.
- It is one of the best forms of contactless payment and is secure.
- It is possible for one person to walk smoothly on national and state highways.
- It also reduces carbon footprint and vehicular emissions.
- You will no longer have to wait in long queues to cross the toll plaza.
- In addition, users of FASTag get 2.5% cashback on the transactions done.
FASTag Apply Online Process NHAI
Since you have gone through the basics of FASTags, we will now walk you through the process of applying. Based on this, if you are not already using FASTag then you can apply for FASTag.
- Visit the official website of any nationalized bank authorized to sell FASTag like SBI, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank.
- Once you are on the website of these banks, you will have to see the Get FASTag or Apply for FASTag option on the homepage.
- On visiting the link you will have to enter your mobile number. Then, you receive an OTP which you need to submit on the website.
- In the next step, you have to provide your details like name, address, email id, vehicle type, registration number etc.
- Also you will have to provide documents in support of these details.
- In the next step, you have to submit the application on the website.
- As soon as you do this, you are taken to the payment page.
- Now you pay the basic fee as per Govt. and with the submission of fee, you complete your registration.
- You can also save the file for future references.
- Also, once the bank verifies everything, it will deliver the FASTag to your address.
NHAI FASTag Required Documents & Other Details
By now, you have read about the application process and some specific details. Now, we will tell you the documents required to apply for FASTags. These documents are:
- vehicle registration certificate
- KYC Documents- ID, Address Proof, PAN Card, Driving License or Passport.
- Passport size photo of the owner of the vehicle
- Receives an application form which he has to fill and submit.
- Also, all the necessary documents should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle.
Also, you must know that FASTags can be applied offline as well. Above, we have given you the online process, however, to apply offline, you need to visit the Point of Sale, i.e. Toll Plaza/ Bank Branches.
Also, for the application process, one has to pay Rs. 100 reissue fee and Rs. 200 refundable security.
You can also recharge FASTag easily. This can be done by logging in to the website portal. Then you can make online payment by going to the recharge account.
NHAI FASTag Online Application Process Related Links
FASTag Online Application Process NHAI Guidelines 2021 FAQs
Can a person apply for FASTag through Paytm?
Yes, any individual can apply for FASTag through Paytm payment application.
Is it possible to apply for FASTag offline?
Yes, to apply for FASTag offline by visiting toll plazas and nearest bank branches.
Has the use of FASTags been made mandatory by the government?
Yes, the government has made the use of FASTags mandatory from 15 February 2021.